Friday, October 16, 2009

Presentations, teeth, and tests

Today I gave my journal club presentation--which means I selected an article from a journal (Nature), and tried to learn everything I possibly could about every word in the paper, and then presented it to essentially only people who are more experienced than I am. I've been working on it for a week straight, especially the last two days (wake up, get to school, work on my presentation ALL day--instead of experiments, go home and make/eat dinner, then work on presentation and go to bed). I don't write this to complain about the process, but rather to express my enjoyment that I gave my presentation and it went relatively well. (Also, let me mention how somehow I was picked to go give their presentation first--not what I was hoping for, but now it's over.) Now, I'm sure all of you wanted to see my presentation about the export of tRNAs from the nucleus, but I won't--or probably can't by some copyright law. Alright, enough about proteins...

So Justin has had a million tests recently...or so many that I have no clue really how many he has taken in the past few weeks. It just seems to go on forever and he has been studying very
VERY hard. I'm sure no one would like to take as many tests as he has, but it's part of school and of course I appreciate all his hard work so in the future he can support our family. Also, they are always drilling in teeth and pretending that their manekins have cavities that need to be prepped. I just wanted to mention that Justin got 100% on his last prep. He said this is the impossible task--but he has done it! Way to go!

1 comment: