Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Trip to the "Dentist"

Today Justin graduated from working on mannequins and other dental students...

...to working on real patients...i.e., me! He was very gentle on my teeth, but I was still a "bleeder" (apparently my dislike for flossing is the reason). And unfortunately, I'm a little bit of a drooler as well. Nothing he couldn't handle, though. He was very thorough because he wanted his wife to have a good teeth cleaning. Also, he has the dental vernacular down. Some of his favorites are "open," "open real wide," and "breath through your nose" (which I think is so difficult for some reason).

Look how handsome he looks wearing his fancy glasses (loupes) and the blue gown.
(This is actually a reinactment taken by one of the professors. I'm pretty sure they thought I was a little crazy for wanting to document this. In addition, the picture below took me 4 tries to keep my eyes open...haha)

Here we are with our bright pearly whites:
(If you look closely, you can see that the keyboard, mouse, and a handful of other things are covered in plastic. Everything is covered for infection control--but I would not want to see the amount of waste they go through.)

Thanks for the clean teeth! I'm looking forward to many more cleanings from my handsome dentist!

8 comments:

  1. they still don't let me drill on patients yet, but this summer BEWARE

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! you look so professional J$!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you documented such an obviously important step in any future dentists life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted a dentist in the family! I look forward to many free teeth cleanings in the future...we will provide the financial and diet advice :) I think we should have everything covered then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it is great to see Justin as a dentist. It is fun to see how you guys are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome, It sounds like you guys are doing great. We sure miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to get to be his first patient. I'm so impressed with the tricky language they use too, "breathe through your nose" took me a whole semester to learn to say to. ;-) Way to go Justin!! Way to be brae Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S.... you don't have to look closely to see the equipment covered in plastic. its pretty obvious. haha

    ReplyDelete