Sunday, March 21, 2010

Justin's Birthday

Justin turned 26 today!

We started the birthday celebrations a day early and had some friends over to watch the BYU vs. Kansas State game. Early in the first half we thought BYU might deliver Justin's best birthday present--a trip to the sweet sixteen! Who would be able to stop BYU when Jimmer's driving to the hoop like that?

(Photo by Ronald Martinez)

But alas, this present will have to wait until next year (or sometime after that).
(Photo by Tony Gutierrez)

We were very excited to make it past round one, though. Good job, Cougs!

Luckily I made these cupcakes and we had plenty of tasty snacks and good conversation to keep the night fun. Thank you to everyone who came.














Then this morning, we woke up to this beautiful winter wonderland. Apparently winter is not over yet in Texas. We took these pictures and drove off to church--and good thing, because the snow was nearly gone by the time we got home (although still very cold and windy).

Outside our apartment

Our covered car. And yes, Justin did clean off all the snow on his birthday.


Our afternoon was very relaxing and not too exciting for a birthday, but a treat for us since it was a break from the busy school week. Justin requested poppy seed chicken for dinner, he opened presents, and we watched LIFE on the Discovery Channel. Then Justin got a migraine and laid down in bed before 9 pm. And here I am surprising him with a recent blog post. Hopefully he's sleeping. (And yes, I know I failed to take a picture of him on this momentous occasion, but I'm not going to get one now.)

Happy birthday, Honey!

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday hustine!! i must say, you picked a very delicious birthday dinner (thats my FAVORITE). the cupcakes were cute lee, nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cupcakes! Glad you had a good 26th bday. Sorry about the migraine though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Justin! Hope it was a nice, relaxing day. Those cupcakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey said the party was a lot of fun! Wish I could have been there. We need to get together sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete