Alicia and I drove to the Rangers game tonight in pouring rain. The game was delayed 2.5 hours until 9:30 pm giving us plenty of time to buy our Kinsler and Young T-Shirts. Despite a constant drizzle and the late hour it was a very exciting game. Texas took a 6-2 lead into the 9th and all-star closer Neftali Feliz came into the game but quickly worked himself into a jam. With 2 outs,2 strikes, and the bases loaded (1 strike away from a win) Patterson on the Orioles hit a Grand Slam bomb to tie it up. I've never seen anything like it, the stadium went deathly silent. When the Rangers failed to score in the bottom of the inning, most of the crowd headed home.
It was still raining, and past 1 in the morning. I had the bright idea to go find better seats, in the front row of club level just behind the Ranger's dugout. The first batter up in the 10th hit a looping foul ball in our direction. As all of us are thinking, "Holy Crap, that ball is actually coming right towards us" I stuck out my glove and caught it over the railing (the same railing a fan fell over earlier this week) and received a pretty nice cheer from the stadium :). Ranger's Ballpark in Arlington gives an "Honorary Contract for the Day" certificate to any fan who catches a game ball on the fly and the usher came down to inform me that I should pick one up on my way out.
The very next pitch was an Oriole homerun. We never saw it because we were still celebrating the foul ball, haha. Ranger's lost the heartbreaker, in the rain, at 1:30am, 7-6, but we were happier with the outcome than if Feliz had struck that guy out instead of giving up the grand slam. A baseball team will lose many games in a year, but most fans will never catch a ball in their lifetime.
Waiting out the rain delay...in our new shirts.
(Alicia's side note: this is what Texas weather does to my hair :( not a pretty site)
((Justin's side side note: I think it looks great))
HAHAHAHA that video is so funny! Alicia you are so classic in it!!!! That is so exciting Justin! I have always wanted to catch a baseball! What a fun night.
ReplyDeleteLove it! You two in your raincoats and everything. A check swing never tasted so good to Justin P. Farmer.
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of contract for a day did they give Alicia for kissing Justin on camera?
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of contract did they give Alicia for kissing Justin on TV?!
ReplyDeleteThat is so tight!!!
ReplyDeleteJustin, that is awesome. I'm so glad my little boy caught his baseball! :) I am definitely jealous. It's come close to me before, but never close enough. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats man! I'm so glad my little boy caught a baseball! :) That is awesome, I am very jealous!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing! The video is super great too! Justin, I feel famous just to be related to you right now. Great play by the Texas Farmers.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteNice Justin. The only way that could have been any better is if it was hit by Eric Young. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI trained my son well. Take your mitt to every game. You never know when it will be your turn. Alicia - we know how to treat our men...Go Rangers Go Farmers
ReplyDeleteTHAT IS SO COOL!!! You guys were on TV for quite a long time too! So fun! Justin, congrats, so cool! I agree with Bec, Lee you are so you in that clip! I'm so glad you found the video and posted it!
ReplyDeleteyou guys are always out having fun, LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteThat was cool! Please add us to your list! nanette@center-stage-dance.org
ReplyDeleteSee you in a couple of weeks! Love you both!