Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Spoiler: No Handprint Calendar

I thought it would be fun to make a little handprint calendar for the grandparents' Christmas present (or at least for myself).  So I strapped Nolan in his seat, filled an empty egg carton with some paint, and taped down a blank sheet of paper.  He just stared at the paint--like it was toxic sludge.  


After several minutes of staring, I tried to dip his finger in the paint/paint his hand and he threw a fit.  So I showed Nolan how the finger painting worked, and eventually he was brave enough to try it on his own.

Trying out a new technique.


But the happy painting didn't last long.  Nolan soon was upset that the paint was on his hands and tried to rub the paint off on his belly, only exacerbating the problem. Apparently it's not okay to get paint on your hands, even though mud/dirt is fine. The paint washed off quickly, but no calendars were made (or even attempted).  Maybe next year.


1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha!! This is hilarious! I love the progression of events captured. Nolan is so funny.

    ReplyDelete