Monday, May 6, 2013

Vegas Vacation

My sister got married this weekend, so Nolan and I went out to visit family in Las Vegas the week before the wedding. The (direct, nearly 6 hour) flight wasn't full, so Nolan got his own seat. He was pretty good for the flight--we had lunch, snacks, and dinner on the plane, and he took a mini nap. For a blessed 20 minutes, he watched Blues Clues on the iPod.


Shortly after we arrived in Vegas, we went to the ward's Car Show and BBQ. I saw many of my old friends from church and high school, and had a great time. 

Someone brought this puppy, and Nolan loved petting it.


Jacob was busy scooping ice cream for a scouting fundraiser.




During the week, Nolan "helped" my dad water the plants and fill the bird feeder with birdseed.


And he had to stay by my dad while he mowed the lawn 
(although he is slightly afraid of lawn mowers). 

Nolan loved playing basketball with Jacob and Tate.


And we made frequent trips to the park. Aunt "Sar-dah" quickly became his go-to person.

Aunt "Mole-y" and Nolan


My current favorite picture of Nolan. So happy!


Before we left for the wedding, we had an early birthday celebration for Nolan. He blew out the candles like a pro, and devoured the ice cream cake.

Nolan had a blast hanging out with his Grandpa and Grandma Mabey and all his aunts/uncles during the week.  I was never preferred for anything, except if he needed a diaper change ("Change diaper, Mom!") or milk.

2 comments:

  1. He looks so grown up in that picture of him on the plane watching Blues Clues! I love that puppy he is playing with, with Dad, adorable. I bet he goes through withdrawls when he goes back home... no longer 10 people lovin' on him. That pre-birthday cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone tell Garn that I found it in Connecticut...

    ReplyDelete