Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Birthday!

This year I turned 29. It happened to fall on a Wednesday (which is terribly inconvenient with mutual being on the same night), so we celebrated over the weekend. Friday night we ordered pizza and Justin gave me flowers. Saturday we went to the mall for my birthday shopping. And Sunday we devoured this delicious triple chocolate mousse cake from America's Test Kitchen.

It was a rather easy cake to make and almost low-calorie (not really--20 oz of chocolate, 3 c whipped cream, butter and a few eggs). We had our friends, Amy and Kyle Wilson, over--so we didn't eat the WHOLE cake by ourselves. Just most of it.


On Monday Nolan reminded me that I never blew out the candles, so we would have to make a new cake so he could sing to me. We put candles in what was left and Justin sang "Happy Birthday" while  Nolan "played" his guitar. He also thought it was really sad that I didn't have presents to unwrap. But going out for a shopping trip was just what I wanted. It was a lovely birthday. Here's to my last year in my twenties!

No comments:

Post a Comment