Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas

It seemed like Christmas snuck up on us this year. Luckily I try to get all my shopping done by the first week of December and so we were all set with presents and wrapping paper. Justin also had to work Christmas Eve day, so our festivities were rather short and simple. We opened the rest of our 12 days of Christmas gifts and talked about the Nativity. Then we got a cookie (Nolan told us Santa only wanted one) and a carrot for the reindeer.


I tried hard to get a picture in front of the Christmas tree in their 
new pajamas, but it didn't really work. Maybe next year.


The boys slept in (still on Pacific Time from our trip), and we got a nice lazy start to Christmas morning. Nolan was very excited that Santa came, and Grant seemed rather interested in the gifts...or maybe just the boxes and paper.



 A Farmer Christmas tradition photos with all their presents.



That evening we went over to the Mahlers for Christmas dinner. This family is one of my favorites. We talked and played a selfie/"Apples to Apples"-like game before we sat down to eat.


They made this delicious prosciutto-wrapped, apple/kale stuffed pork loin with roasted mixed potatoes and salad. So fancy. My small contribution was a pile of cheese gougères (located at the end of the table), which are savory cheese cream puffs. Leslie suggested these, and didn't know that every year I make cream puffs for Christmas. This was the first year I did't fill them with pudding, but I was so happy to keep the tradition and share them for dinner.

We stayed way too late for the kids, but we were having too much fun to stop! 
I hope you all had as merry of a Christmas as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment