These cookies have become my favorite! Seriously, I can usually stop after one cookie. When I ate my first one I thought, "I wonder if there's room for 2 more." And that is why they will be a fall cookie tradition, not just a cookie I make all the time. I manipulated the recipe from allrecipes.com and this is what I got:
1 c. shortening
1 c. white sugar
1 c. dark brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
4 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like the jumbo-size chips best for this recipe)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F
2. Cream the shortening and sugars
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time
4. Stir in the vanilla and pumpkin puree
5. Mix together all the dry ingredients and then mix this into the pumpkin mixture
6. Stir in chocolate chips
7. Drop onto a greased cookie sheet
* whatever shape they fall onto the sheet is what they will look like when they come out of the oven. I like to flatten them out a little into large discs (3'' diameter, and 1'' thick).
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
*These cookies are dense and cake-like, and especially good when they're fresh and warm.
*Oh, and the picture is not mine. I got it from yumsugar.com. Their cookies look great, and just like the ones I popped out.
No comments:
Post a Comment