Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Case of the Wednesdays

According to the Urban dictionary, "case of the Mondays" is defined as: symptoms of a useless or horrible Monday. Yesterday was Wednesday, not Monday, and hence the title.

I would say the morning started off well--we left at 7:35 a.m. and both made it to school. For me, I figured today was going to be a long day when the first part of my experiment (protein purification) was taking twice as long as it normally does. (It will be sufficient to say that this trend continued throughout the day.) Sometime during lunch Justin chipped off a piece of his 1st molar (I think #15 on the lingual side).

After school around 5:30 p.m. Justin was off to pick up the young men for mutual. About then I still had a couple hours left before I would be finished and texted Justin so he knew that I'd be late. Justin had mutual (6-7 p.m.) and he told me that after he returned the boys to their homes, he would pick me up from the lab on his way back--that for me made the long day in the lab a little more bearable. Then at 7:25 p.m. I call Justin because he's later than I thought and I was completely finished with lab work (yay!). He answers the phone, "I need to call you back." WHAT?! That's not the first thing any one likes to hear. He quickly explains that he was rear ended while waiting at a stop sign (apparently the driver was just not paying attention) and that everyone is okay. End of call.

At 8:00 p.m. he picks me up and we decide it's too late to make dinner; we're hungry and we're going to grab food at a taco place here in Texas we haven't ever been to--great time to try it out. Well, we ordered similar things that we would have ordered at Taco Bell or Del Taco and took them home to eat. At the end of our meal, we were still hungry and so we made something anyway. It was rather comical, I thought.

The damage to the car is minimal--the bumper is scratched and the impact caused the paint to peel in a couple places (picture to come...maybe). I'm sure the guy's insurance will cover it and it will all work out. This will be our car's 3rd time in the shop--once before for a rear-end accident and another for some extensive hail damage. Dallas has not been good to our car.

Justin will have his tooth fixed by one of his friends at the dental school and the reason why my purification was going so slowly was because I had so much protein product (very good thing). In the end, everything always works out.

3 comments:

  1. Your new car has had a rough life man!
    Sorry about your busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo so sorry to read about your car wreck woes. they are the pits. jason was run into right after we moved here, and of course before damages were assessed we had to front the initial repair bill. fun fun- it all worked out, but that doesn't mean it's not a pain in the meantime! good luck with everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was actually #14, but close babe. #15 is actually a second molar:)

    ReplyDelete