Before we were married there were some things that we didn't know about each other. Like for example, our sleeping habits. I can fall asleep very quickly, almost everywhere--especially if I'm watching a movie or trying to pay attention in class. I start getting tired very early and usually wake up early. Justin can't go to sleep. It's not just falling asleep once he's in bed, it's dragging him to come to bed that's an issue. And then once he falls asleep by 1 or 2 in the morning, it's also getting him out of bed.
The first day of school is in a week, so we are trying to create good sleeping habits and establishing a regular sleep routine. I've read lots of web-advice and will be reading a book on it, and we've implemented several "sleep hygiene tips." I was just wondering if any of our friends are insomniacs or have the same spilt sleeping habits that we do.
Pleasant dreams.
I have a terrible time keeping a sleep schedule so you should post your findings after reading the book!
ReplyDeleteOne thing I've heard though is try your best to stick to your routine so that your body is conditioned to know it's bedtime, and try not to take naps if you get thrown off.
Watch Sports Center. That always works for me....
ReplyDeleteMy doctor told me once to lie in bed and count my breathing.
ReplyDeletesub in seminary. Often.
ReplyDeleteand then watch Sports Center.
ReplyDeleteALICIA... Hey i just saw that you have a blog- i never knew! How are things going? -Andrea
ReplyDeleteBrian has been trouble sleeping lately. We think it's stress and anxiety related. Are there a lot of things on Justin's mind? Brian's been trying to read before bed and get on a solid routine!
ReplyDeleteHope it gets better soon, not sleeping is the worst.
I found this website with some good sleeping habits I hadn't heard of before:
ReplyDeletehttp://sleep.emedtv.com/sleep/good-sleep-habits.html