Thursday, August 5, 2010

Visit to Jackson Hole, WY

In between the Farmer family reunion and my sister's wedding, Justin and I went up to Blackfoot, ID and spent a couple days with my grandparents (unfortunately we forgot to take pictures).  One of those days Justin and I drove up to Jackson Hole, WY.  This was a common place for my family to visit during the summer, but Justin hadn't been up in a while so I insisted that we go (maybe coerced is a better word).

We first got into Jackson Hole and ate our picnic lunch in the Town Square. (Thanks Grandma for packing us such a good lunch!)

Under the famous antler arch.


Then we went over to the alpine slides at the SnowKing Resort.  You take the ski lift up to the top...

(I'm not embarrassed to say I didn't want to pay $12 for a 5"x7" this picture...)

Looking down on Jackson from the top of the slides.





Afterwards we went for a scenic drive out to see the Tetons. 
So beautiful!  I really do miss spending vacations up here.



When we got back to Jackson Hole, we window shopped.  There is definitely no shortage of stores in this town.  We went through art galleries, gift shops, and this crazy taxidermy store!  Can you spot the Jackalope in the picture?

And when we finally found a restaurant within our price range, we ate dinner.  The Town Square Tavern was perfect!  Great burgers and service, and we got to eat up on the balcony looking over the square.
We loved our little day trip to Jackson Hole and realized it is not enough time to really enjoy everything the park (Yellowstone/Tetons) has to offer.  I can not wait to go back and spend a week there!

Here are some funny pictures we took while driving.  

This is on the way out of Jackson.  Notice the "Speed Limit 25 unless otherwise posted" and then the "Speed Limit 35" sign 10 yards down.  Ridiculous.

We ran into two of these trucks (different times) hauling these HUMONGOUS tires.  What on earth uses these?  I think one of these tires is about the size of our first studio apartment.

2 comments: