Monday, November 14, 2011

What Sundays are For

Dallas has had incredibly warm and beautiful weather for November. Last week the temperature was 60-80 F with lots of sun.  So on Sunday we decided to take advantage of this fall weather and go for walk around the lakes and feed the ducks (and a squirrel or two).



And we also took long Sunday naps.

And as a side note, anyone who has been to the Village knows there are a lot of animals.  I've been wanting to research and document all the different ducks/large birds that inhabit the Village "Lakes" for a while. So here we go...
*Note #1: not a complete list, and likely not even completely accurate, but you probably won't notice and/or care
Note #2: The American wigeons and the northern shovelers don't get along


And no commentary on the Village "wildlife" would be complete without this critter:

2 comments:

  1. only you would enlighten us on all the kinds of ducks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you added me on facebook, and then I found your blog! Seth and I enjoy walks around the lakes too. There really are a ton of different animals.

    ReplyDelete