Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break in Vegas

We took a little trip to Vegas in March--I went out for a few days and then Justin joined us as soon as his spring break started.  We had so much fun, and it went by too quickly.  Here are just some of the things we did...

We introduced Nolan to a "big bathtub" (a.k.a, the spa).
(This picture is hilarious!  Look how hard Justin and I are working to get Nolan to smile and look over at my Dad, who's taking the picture. )

Nolan chased the dogs--although they would almost always move as soon as Nolan got to them. Eventually Callie adjusted to Nolan and began cleaning his ears, just like she does to Bentley.


We helped Jacob with his homework. (Light drawings inspired by Pablo Picasso
(Jacob's, mine, and then Justin's on the bottom)

And enjoyed the wonderful weather outside and went on lots of walks.



Mom also took me birthday shopping, Jacob and Justin went to the driving range a couple times (although they NEVER remember to take pictures) and challenged each other to some Wii football games, and we celebrated Justin's birthday at Mimi's Cafe.  And one of the best parts--when Nolan is adjusting to the earlier Las Vegas time zone, my early-to-rise parents take care of him while I get to sleep in!

And then on the ride home we had a pleasure of entertaining a squirmy little 10-month-old.  He was happy and took a good nap, but there was a lot of turbulence and there was a very messy diaper--creating quite a memory.

A wonderful vacation!  Thanks, Mom & Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Nolan is getting so big. I'm glad you had a fun time in Vegas. I'm sad we were out of the country so we couldn't stop in for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete