Friday, March 2, 2012

The Zoo

On Saturday the weather was beautiful and Justin did not have to go to YM basketball.  So we went to the Dallas zoo! I have been looking forward to taking Nolan to the zoo for months!  I had dreams of Nolan pointing to the animals, maybe even calling out their names, and then I would share random factoids about the animals.  Of course Nolan is only 9 months old, and none of that happened.  He looks like he's paying attention in the pictures, though.

We first visited the "Wilds of Africa" and saw the elephants, giraffes, zebras, and antelope.

There was a giraffe feeding station where you could pay to feed them "special" romaine lettuce.  The giraffes came within a couple of feet--they captured Nolan's attention and even made him laugh.

The Gorillas

Checking out the big cats


 


Out of all the animals we saw, the spider monkeys were my favorite.  The keepers had just put out their food and released the monkeys back into the exhibit.  It was funny to see them search for their favorite fruits (and leave the lettuce behind) and walk upright.

Nolan's already showing signs of rebellious behavior ;)
(Check the sign on the fence)

Nolan almost stayed awake the whole 2 hours, but a few yards before the exit he passed out on Justin's shoulder. It wasn't supposed to be nap time, but apparently the adventure wore him out.

It was a wonderful outing, and I'm so glad we went.  The first of many family zoo trips.

3 comments:

  1. He's so adorable!! I love his little smiling face! And I mean the animals were cool too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute post! You do such a great job with the picture collages. Nolan is so cute and he looks very interested in the animals! I would definitely love to feed the giraffes, that's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! He is getting so big! Looks like you guys had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete