Friday, March 1, 2013

Upgrades

A few weeks ago our computer stopped working.  We took it into the Apple store and they told us the  hard drive needed fixed.  We fixed it, brought it home and it still wouldn't work.  We went back to the Apple store, where they told us it would need more repairs.  So instead of paying $600 (about half the cost of a new computer) to fix our almost 5-year-old computer and pretend it was good-as-new, we just bought a new one.
Luckily we had "Time Machine" running and all of our information was backed up.  It uploaded rather flawlessly, but we are still figuring out a few things.

And since we were already at the Apple store, we FINALLY bought Justin the "computer" he's needed for school.  (We've been contemplating this purchase for months.)

.

 And we also "upgraded" our phones. I use quotation marks because these flip-phones would be considered a downgrade from a Blackberry for most people.  But for us, we're just glad we can talk longer than 5 minutes without our phones dying (and for me--not having to use speaker phone all the time).  I do miss the "bar" style of our old phones, and I am relearning how to text on a different keyboard.


So, if blog updates are slow and our text messages don't make sense, please be patient with us. I'll try to catch up on our happenings and update our blog with all the cute pictures of Nolan as fast as possible.

1 comment: