In between our busy destination weekends, we relaxed.
(Well, Justin had to work but the rest of us took it easy.)
I turned 28 and we celebrated my birthday with a homemade chocolate pie
(ingredients: heavy whipping cream and a lot of chocolate + a pie crust).
We visited Elizabeth Park, but unfortunately we've had such a long winter
and cold spring that most of the flowers still weren't out.
We did see a family of geese with little goslings in tow, though.
We visited Justin at work, saw his new room, and ate lunch together
Went to another park.
Everyone wanted to work out on the fitness equipment around the lake.
And Grandpa and Grandma Farmer introduced Nolan to the "Car Cart" at the grocery store.
(A special privilege we save for them, since that cart is the hardest to steer and hardly ever available. I am not going to spend 5-10 minutes tracking it down in the parking lot, unlike Grandpa.)
It was a full week. I enjoyed showing Justin's parents a little more of our Connecticut neighborhood.






No comments:
Post a Comment