Monday, February 11, 2013

Year of the Snake

Chinese New Year was on Sunday, February 10th.  And while everyone was at the store gathering their emergency supplies for the storm, I was making sure I had my cabbage and wonton wrappers.  I love celebrating Chinese New Year because I love Chinese food! It also reminds me of all my wonderful Chinese friends I met in graduate school.  I have great memories of working in the lab and miss being able to chat with them.

This year I made pork/cabbage dumplings (or potstickers) and won ton soup. We had quite the feast with lots of delicious leftovers.


2013 happens to be the year of the snake.  According to Wikipedia, "In Chinese symbology, snakes are regarded as intelligent, but with a tendency to be somewhat unscrupulous." (I have a sibling and a sib-in-law who are snakes.  Do you know who you are?)

I found a cute craft on pinterest for the occasion, and Nolan made his own toilet paper roll snake.  He loves painting with a brush!  It's so much better than painting with fingers.

Nolan decided his booster seat needed an new paint job. 
Thank you plastic for being so easy to clean!

The finished project.

Best wishes to everyone this New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am a snake, but NO i am not unscrupulous! (p.s. I had no idea what that meant until I looked it up). And of course you could turn a toilet paper roll into a super cute snake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the best CHinese food! That is amazing. The soup looks so tasty, I just am not talented like you though.

    ReplyDelete