Thursday, January 24, 2013

Passport Photos

We have been busy getting ready for a trip, including updating our passports.  To save some money, we decided to DIY our passport photos. According to the government's website, we needed a photo of Nolan "directly facing the camera with a neutral facial expression and both eyes open" (for a full list of requirements click here). That may not seem like a huge task, but Nolan did not cooperate.  (Although I'm not sure it would have been any better had we gone to a drug store or post office.)  


So we bribed Nolan with chocolate chips. 
One of us tried to get Nolan to look at the camera while the other snapped the pictures.


After nearly 100 pictures, we felt we had gotten something that met the requirements.

Obviously sucking on a chocolate chip.

And with a little cropping and color-correcting, we had our pictures. 
The gov't website has a template you use to crop your pictures to make sure your head is the right size.
And I was having a terrible hair day--I could not get that cowlick to stay down!

We sent off our applications and prayed that everything was in order.  
Three weeks later, they came back in the mail...phew!

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! He's personality is to die for! You must frame this in is room.

    ReplyDelete