For Halloween, I took the boys to a unique supermarket called Stew Leonards. The store seemed like Central Market meets Disney's Bear Country Jamboree. The store took you through a maze (no regular lined-up shelves) and there were a random assortment of grocery products and animals that would sing and dance.
Singing milk and juice cartons
We went to Stew's because kids in costume got a free ice cream. Nolan was pleased.
Later that night we had "mummy" dogs for dinner.
Then when Grant was asleep, we frosted cookies.
Saturday night we carved a pumpkin. Look how brave Nolan is--he didn't gag once! (At his age, I was not too fond of carving pumpkins. I just stuck to painting.)
Justin cleaned out pumpkin (still not a favorite activity of mine),
and Nolan picked out a simple face for me to carve.
Initially Nolan got very upset when I pulled out the carved pieces. He thought I was breaking the pumpkin. But, he loved seeing it lit up.
Happy Halloween, everyone!




Love the updates, thanks!
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys!
ReplyDelete