Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tornados

The Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex recently had several tornados. Although the tornado sirens have occasionally gone off before (here's our experience last May), there were many more sirens this time and the sky became black--just like in the movies. Nolan and I listened to the news and hung out downstairs in the center of our home. Nearly all of the schools in the area were on lock down, and many business employees retreated to bathrooms and stairwells. At Baylor, Justin's school continued as usual.

Here's Nolan peeking out his bedroom window at 11 am (a daily occurrence).
The sky was cloudy and it was drizzling, but not much else.

By 2 pm we were experiencing a downpour of rain.


And then we headed downstairs with a small sack of emergency supplies.
Nolan was in charge of the flashlight.

We only experienced the heavy rains and some strong winds.
Unfortunately others in Lancaster, Arlington, and Forney were not as lucky.
Photo by globalsamaritan.org

One of the tornados that touched down in Lancaster.
Photo by Parrish Velasco/The Associated Press

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is crazy! I love Nolan's chunky little thighs!!! So cute. Glad you guys made it safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it. I was telling my parents, we would hear tornado sirens periodically in Dallas, but it seemed like no one really listened to them. I'm shocked that it wasn't more devastating, honestly.
    I'm so glad you guys were okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys are safe! Nolan is such a cute little man.

    ReplyDelete