This year was the first time Justin and I spent Christmas away from our families. I wanted to make this year special, especially because Nolan finally understood a little what Christmas was all about. We bought our pre-lit tree on a Black Friday sale and trimmed it with red and green plastic (toddler friendly) globe ornaments. I also loved these faux pinecone (also plastic) ornaments.
Our landlord, Rosa, used to work in a dress and coat factory, and gave me big sacks of fabric--which included many yards of a red Italian wool. I used them to make our stockings and the tree skirt.
I really liked how the stockings turned out. I rushed through the ribbons and will have to go back and fix them for next year, but they were good enough and finished just in time (on Sunday). (That's why I never posted earlier on our holiday decorations--they didn't exist!)
And I loved these felt birds from Target. Nolan loved them, too--he couldn't resist playing with them.
I also made the coordinating pillows on the couches and the tree skirt. I loved getting out the sewing machine and creating together our Christmas decorations. It wasn't very fancy, but it brought the Christmas spirit to our home and I loved every bit.


No comments:
Post a Comment