Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Delayed Christmas

Thursday we came home from the hospital and all of the sudden it was "Christmas Eve." Luckily Nolan didn't noticed we postponed the holiday, so we went on to our Christmas festivities as though nothing had happened.

We started with the gingerbread house.  Originally I bought it thinking we would actually use the frosting to hold it together, but apparently that needs 4+ hours to set. So out came the glue gun.
 The finished product.

We then read a story about Christ's birth and watched one of the classic Christmas cartoons. We also hung the stockings (that I just finished a few days earlier) and left out milk and cookies for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer.

Hanging out in our new Christmas pajamas.

Christmas morning came way too early.

Good thing Santa came.

Nolan loved opening his stockings--especially when he found some candy.

Nolan's present from Santa was a train set with special bridges, tunnels, and tracks and a "Purple Thomas" train.  He loved this and didn't care about opening his other presents.

Justin and I opened our presents.  This HUGE amazon box came earlier in the week and I had no idea what could possibly inside. I would have never guessed that it was the acrylic ruler I had asked for.

 We took a break from presents and had a big breakfast.

Grant also had to go to his newborn doctor's appointment. He passed with flying colors and was almost back to his birth weight.

Then throughout the rest of the day, Nolan slowly opened his other presents. (And Nolan stayed in his pajamas.) I've been told it's a Farmer tradition to take a picture with all of your gifts.  You can tell that Nolan is spoiled by his grandparents! We actually put our gifts to him back in the closet to open on his birthday.

 Grant is no less loved, but here is what he got.

It was a great Christmas, even if it was a day or two late. And I'm looking forward to many more extra special Christmas Eves and Christmases to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment